Monday 8 June 2009

~*~*~*~*~
FOR TODAY, Monday 8th June 2009...

Outside my window... the sun is peeking out from behind the clouds. I think the forecast for the next few days is rain, so it’s nice to see some sun.

I am thinking... about the online grocery order I just placed and hoping that I haven’t missed anything important off the list.

I am thankful for... for people who encourage me to rest and for a husband who works hard to provide for us. I wish he didn’t have to do the overtime he’s done this weekend, but there’s periodically too much work and not enough people, but not enough money to employ more, so for now he occasionally has to do it.

From the learning rooms... I am still learning how to eat right. And today I am learning the story of Big Bad Brian the Lion for a school assembly I am doing tomorrow and Thursday. I have it almost learnt by heart, just the last few bits to confirm in my mind.

From the kitchen... On Saturday there was an event at our church building that one of the ladies was catering for, so I baked for that, and then on Sunday there was a 50th birthday bring and share meal after church so i had to bake for that too. Raspberries and cream cake, delicious!

I am wearing... grey sweat pants and an orange and brown top with a fluffy cream coloured cardigan because I felt cold.

I am creating... plans for the Sunday the “children” get to lead the church meeting. We’re probably going to do MESSY CHURCH (without the meal, since there are already quite a few after church meals booked between now and the summer), with some added bits during worship.

I am going... nowhere of significance this week.

I am remembering.... how blessed I am to have the job I have and wonderful friends who will help me et to the schools I need to get to when the events are too early for me to use my bus pass.

I am reading... I finished Oriel’s Diary last night, so have to find something else off the bookshelves later.

I am hoping... that my order from Amazon will come this week and that I will hear about my driving licence soon. I had my licence revoked medically due to sleep apnoea and now I am under treatment I have applied to have it back but the process can take up to 8 weeks, it’s been 5 weeks already!

I am praying.... for these school assemblies this week. That they would go well, and would lead to further contacts with other schools.

I am hearing... the buzz of the freezer, a ticking clock and the tip tap of my fingers on the keyboard.
Around the house... List for the next few days looks like this:
  • Get some blog posts for the rest of the week planned out.
  • tidy dining room and move table back into position.
  • Clean sink in kitchen
  • Clean kitchen counter tops
  • clean kitchen & dining room floors
  • Tidy Living room
  • Tidy hall & stairs
  • Vacuum hall, stairs and living room.
  • clean and tidy bathroom
  • Make new batch of bread dough.
One of my favourite things... is telling people I “don’t do favourites” heeheee.

A few plans for the rest of the week...
  • Visit a friend
  • head to Shrewsbury on the bus (50 minutes each way) to fetch replacement for kitchen tap fitting that hubby broke last week.
  • go to small group, ladies daytime prayer and ladies daytime soaking.
  • Journaling.
  • Reading.
  • Sleeping.
  • 2 school assemblies.
  • gardening.
Here is picture thought I am sharing...

A beautiful amazing woman who died 2 years ago yesterday after a short battle with cancer. We miss you Natalie Rose!

SO, if you want to read more daybook entries or you would like to take part yourself. Click on the image at the top of this post and check it all out.

0 comments :

Post a Comment