Monday 27 April 2009


~*~*~*~*~

FOR TODAY Monday 27th April 2009...

Outside my window...
It is looking grey, miserable and wet!

I am thinking...
That I really need to get my ears syringed at the doctors, because being deaf in one ear is no fun!
Especially when you have a funny feeling the other ear is about to start getting clogged up as well!

I am thankful for...
The local bus company having their timetables online. It means I can check timetables for where I need to be tomorrow without leaving my desk!

From the learning rooms...
Today I MUST learn an assembly I am giving tomorrow in a local school. It's called unselfish clockwork and is about the clockwork radios designed by Trevor Bayliss. And used to encourage the kids to be unselfish in their behaviours.

From the kitchen...
Tonight I will be making a bolognese sauce using soya mince, so I'll need to ensure I put plenty of flavours into the sauce.

I am wearing...
Denim jeans and a purple jersey top. Bare feet, as always around the house.

I am creating...
This morning I created a repair in my sons school trousers! He came to me 20 minutes before he needs to leave for school with a repair in the most difficult place on the trousers! grrhh! So I kind of bodged it a bit, zig zagged over the top in a thread to match the trousers. That will do for today and i will go buy more trousers today while I am out!

I am going...
to the town centre today to meet with the church leader who is responsible for my job. Hopefully we can more forwards on arranging the Walk for Water, it's sooner than we think.

I am reading...
Not a lot at the moment. I have renewed energy because CPAP is going well and have been making the most of it to get things done around here. But it's still not enough energy to do that AND spend time sitting and reading! One day though . . . . .

I am hoping...
That there is a break in the weather while I get to the bus stop. And especially tomorrow when I get the bus to the school I am doing an assembly at.

I am remembering...
All the things I learnt on Saturday at "Presenter Training" for Samaritans Purse registered volunteers. Picked up loads of good tips, and a couple of good starters that I am going to pinch and use!

I am hearing...
In one ear only, due to this ear wax, BUT it is fat and Frantic "Aggressive Sunbathing". I LOVE that song!
Aggressive Sunbathing,
Lying in the rain.
It's all about doing what you know to be right, sticking to what you know to be true even when the circumstances would indicate otherwise.

Around the house...
Did a lot last week and got the "visitor" areas up to visiting standard. So if someone comes around I won't be ashamed to let them in. The beginning of this week will just involve keeping those areas clean and tidy, the heavier work of getting the other areas like bedrooms up to that level will begin later in the week!

One of my favourite things...
hmmmmmm . . . . one of my favourite things to do is make beaded jewellery, but I really have not had time to do any for the last week. It's QVC craft day on Sunday, so i will probably spend a fair bit of time in front of the tv with my supplies spread out around me, working on that stuff!

A few plans for the rest of the week:
I think I've covered most of them. Today I have a meeting with one of the church leaders, for coffee. Tomorrow I have an assembly but don't have a soaking meeting to go to in the evening. Wednesday evening I may or may not have a meeting to go to in the evening, they're going to let me know at some point. And QVC craft day on Sunday!

Here is picture thought I am sharing...


The London Eye, after we had ridden on it. Actually I don't think "ride" is the correct term, they call your trip on it a "flight", so probably I should say "after we had flown on it".

If you would like to read otehr daybooks or take part yourself, go to the website by clicking on the banner at the top of this post.

0 comments :

Post a Comment