Thursday 13 September 2012

Sorry I haven't been keeping up with the Hairy Dieters Recipes and recipe reviews.  I WILL get back to that but life has been fairly hectic!

In the meantime we need to not grocery shop any more than absolutely necessary for a week or so, Sooo, the challenge is to make some menus from the contents of the cupboards, fridge and freezer.

I went through those places, cleaned them out and listed everything that was there at the same time and came up with the following lists.  And now, I need some suggestions for what you would make from those lists.  I already have tonight's dinner sorted and we're eating out tomorrow evening (we have vouchers).  After that there will be just 3 of us for each evening meal, because eldest goes back to university on Saturday.  And 2 of us for some because hubby is working some overtime.

I also need to bake cakes for an event on Saturday, so any suggestions for what you would bake from what I have would also be appreciated.  Just use the scroll bars on each section to see what there is . . . .


The ready meals and foil trays in the freezer will get used up because hubby is working a lot of overtime at the moment and takes them in with him to heat up at work.


I think I might need to get some butter and possibly eggs if I'm going to bake the cakes I need to, tomorrow.  I probably also need to pick up some milk, although there are 2 pints in the freezer.  I baked banana bread and flapjack (the oaty sort not the pancakey sort) this morning and I will be baking bread later on (it's rising now).


The main Pantry (Ta;; cupboard) has 3 columns, so you'll need to scroll right and left as well as up and down.


And finally a few miscellaneous items in smaller cupboards or on the counter.


So suggestions please . . .
And yes Leann, I am already planning Leann's lentils and rice because Michael has asked for it.  I'll have to make wraps but that is not a problem.

You can check out the sites I link up to over in my sidebar. Before you go, why not check out my recipes index page, or my craft projects index page, I am sure you will find something there to interest you.

0 comments :

Post a Comment