Saturday 1 November 2014

Halloween costume #3: Aeronaut Erin and her magical arduino powered flaming rocket pack.  :)  
Featuring   interactive steampunk goggles, a glowing fairy bottle, my glowing soul caster on my wrist and my "secret of nimh sparkly" necklace, and of course my brand new LED isis wings running FastLED.  

The rocket pack is made out of plastic soda bottles and the aviator cap is made from craft foam.  The goggles change color depending on which way I'm facing and have a pendulum effect that reacts whenever I turn my head.  I'm wearing 4 different arduinos, one accelerometer, one bluetooth module and 5 different batteries, and all together I'm rocking 180 LEDs.

The outfit lasted all night without me having to change a single battery or fix a single flicker.  This is a major accomplishment!!   I am so proud.  :) :) :)  

I LOVE HALLOWEEN SO MUCH.



 

0 comments :

Post a Comment