Saturday 10 September 2011

I'm feeling the need for a red & black or purple & black hoodie.. maybe it's halloween coming up, not sure, but I've been needing to do it.

I did a bunch of sketches and this was my favorite:


Very halloweeny.. kind of cyber, and I have a cool purple stripey fabric for the circles.  I didn't plan out to the nth degree, just got started.. might as well start at the top, I figured.  I had enough black fleece for the body but not the hood, so I made the hood from ultra-cuddle (which is delightful and soft but a little hard to work with):



Although the circle turned out way bigger than I planned, due to ultra-cuddle stretch, it  still looks adorable in the "down" position.  However, when I put the hood up on top of my head, suddenly...



braaaaaaaaiiiinnnnns.....

After I got over my giggles, I realized I'll need to scrap the whole hood and start over.

But then last night, I saw Shaun of the Dead for the first time and got to thinking.... might this be a selling point?  It is a Halloween hoodie, after all.  Perhaps there's a market for a hoodie that will attract zombies by making them think a meal is close at hand.  Maybe if I include a chainsaw on a stick with purchase....?

So do I finish this hoodie as-is, or do I make a new brain-free hood?

0 comments :

Post a Comment