Monday 21 May 2012

holy experience


Another week, another list.  Here we go then, in no particular order, On Monday 21st May 2012 I am thankful for . . . . 

799. the team that came all the way from America for the writers conference.

800.  A fresh flow of the spirit in recent weeks at our church meetings.

801.  My first ever mini sermon went well.  I got lots of good feedback and was really pleased with how it went.

802.  2 minutes of encouragement.  Both giving and receiving.  (harder than you think, try it some time).

803.  New depth to prayer.

804.  For the intro to a new parenting course.  For a realisation that god might be setting us up but both husband and I acknowledging that would fit with the things God has spoken over us in the past.

805.  Family being in the same city as my eldest son is at university in, so that they can help out when needed.

806.  A young adult in the church who is willing to share his knowledge and love of maths with my equally geeky 17 year old son and help him through any sections of his maths course he struggles with.

807.  Cafes with big tables and beautiful views so that I can drink my hot chocolate and spread out with my journal and pen, and homework for a course I am doing and take all morning over it if needed.

808.  The gentlemen on a neighbouring table who finally left.  I am thankful for them leaving, they had been discussing their need of sawn off shotguns and so on, hmmmmm.

809.  The encouragement to my son of being invited to an awards evening.

810.  Although he didn't win or get runner up he was in the top 4 students on a particular scheme, who were nominated for student of the year.

811.  The fun we had on the journey home, with my son joking around with all sorts of accents and things.

812.  All the people that picked up the slack on Friday as our two main church leaders at short notice could not attend the first session of a conference we were hosting.

813.  All the wonderful worship teams who led us in worship over the weekend, such powerful times.

814.  A new freedom and vision and stepping out.

815.  being in a church where use of the arts in worship is allowed.  And my first time painting properly during worship.



816.

If you wish to participate in blogging about your list of 1000 gifts or in Thankful Thursday, you can do so by clicking on the banners at the top of this post.

Before you go, why not check out my recipes index page, or my craft projects index page, I am sure you will find something there to interest you.

0 comments :

Post a Comment