Monday 23 September 2013

If you've been around my blog for a while you will know that one of my passions is storytelling and that  one of the ways I get to do that is by doing assemblies in local primary schools.  One of the extra perks of the job is that occasionally when I am out and about one of the children will recognise me.  And I will hear a young voice shouting my name from across a supermarket, or even a long way from home at a motorway services on one occasion.  This embarrasses my grown children no end and I love it!

At the moment there are 4 different schools that I am in on at least a monthly basis.  Two weeks into the new school year I have now seen all of the new children in each of the schools.  So it was no surprise that when out shopping with my 18 year old son the other day I heard a very little voice shouting at the top of his lungs "It's her!"  I turned in the direction of the voice to see this little boy who honestly didn't look old enough to be at school yet pointing right at me with his bemused mother looking on.  I waved and said hello and he yelled at his mom "She's a teacher!"
"Not quite" I replied and smiled as she, rather embarrassed, pulled him away to continue with the shopping and try and make some sense out of who I was.

I never know whether to stop and explain to parents or whether to let their child explain, but on this occasion it seemed to be OK to let them figure it out together.

I was thinking about it this morning as I walked up to one of the schools to do another assembly.  I was thinking about his obvious delight at recognising someone he knew from in school in an outside of school environment.  I was thinking about that huge grin on his face and the loud exclamation and then I was thinking about God and how His word says that there is rejoicing in heaven whenever someone who doesn't know God turns to Him and makes Him their Lord.
Luke 15:7 I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent.
Imagine that.  Imagine the excitement of that little boy on seeing me, multiplied many times over as on that day of your return God yells at all the angels.  "It's her!" (or him for any guys reading). "It's her, I know it is.  I recognise her, I know her, yes it's her!"

And with salvation being an ongoing process, by which we have been saved we are saved and we are being saved, that same sense of delight at your return on any occasion on which you repent and turn back . . . .
"It's HER!  She's here.  See, I told you she'd come back.  It really is her, oh how happy I am to see her!"
I know life can sometimes get us down and we can feel as if no-one cares, sometimes even as if no-one would ever be delighted to see us.  We can know without a doubt that there is always ONE, who is always delighted when we turn to him.
delighted-logo
Pin It

You can check out the sites I link up to over in my sidebar. Before you go, why not check out my recipes index page, or my craft projects index page, I am sure you will find something there to interest you.

0 comments :

Post a Comment