Monday 5 October 2009

~*~*~*~*~
FOR TODAY, Monday 5th October 2009...

Outside my window... is a chilly day I will have to venture out into later and my car, minus it's rear windscreen that someone decided to smash on Saturday night. It's being repaired this afternoon.

I am thinking... about all the talks I am doing in schools this month for Operation Christmas Child, 8 this week alone.

I am thankful for... clean slates, fresh starts, renewed motivation.

From the learning rooms... I am learning that things are not always what they seem, that people can be very good at wearing masks and that you never know what is really going on in their lives. I don't want to live like that. I want to be REAL!

From the kitchen... Still using economy gastronomy recipes. Learning to make better use of leftovers, and loving my 14 year old son's interest in cooking. Yesterday he made a lower sugar bakewell tart, AWESOME!

I am wearing... black cargo pants and my "school assemblies" top, smart but not stuffy!

I am creating... Nothing, too busy with assemblies, but once those are over i need to get my craft desk tidied and get on with some creating.

I am going... to go and do this school assembly, pick up something for dinner from the smaller supermarket which is on the walk back (I had planned to nip out to the bigger one in the car but obviously can't now because of the broken glass), and spend some time with god and my journal before getting some household chores done.

I am remembering.... just how tired this season of school assemblies can make me. I might only talk to each group for 15 minutes, but the prep time, the getting there and back, the time spent interacting with teaching staff, the time spent trying to encourage schools to take the other assemblies that i offer, all takes its toll and I am not used to it.

I am reading... oooooh a friend lent me her copy of "the Power of Simple Prayer" by Joyce Meyer yesterday, so I'm looking forward to getting into that this week.

I am hoping... that the weather stays dry until after my car's windscreen has been replaced this afternoon and that the culprit comes to justice (5 cars on the road in front of our house were all attacked and nothing was taken).

I am praying.... for an OCC friend who has broken his wrist and will possibly need a metal plate put in it. For friends who need God's comfort, power and strength.

I am hearing... my 18 year old son laughing at the tv in the other room. Apparently it wasn't the tv, it was the comments he and another friend were writing on someone's facebook account.
Around the house... List for the next few days looks like this:
  • Kitchen floor
  • Kitchen counters
  • stove top
  • Study table
  • Dining table

    One of my favourite things... at the moment, is still the website, Spark People. A site that allows you to track all your food and exercise, read health related articles, get support from message boards and teams, blog your journey to health and so on and the best bit of all is it is all ABSOLUTELY FREE.

    A few plans for the rest of the week...

    • Make a longer term, less urgent To Do List.
    • Date with hubby.
    • Lots of school assemblies
    • Wrap youngest's birthday gift.
    • post in OCC expenses claim
    • take mystery shopping cheque to the bank
    • plan for food at church away weekend, and shop accordingly.
    • Plan for kids meetings at church away weekend and shop for supplies.
    • Pack for church away weekend


    Here is picture thought I am sharing...


    SO, if you want to read more daybook entries or you would like to take part yourself. Click on the image at the top of this post and check it all out.

    0 comments :

    Post a Comment