Tuesday 27 October 2009


What did I learn this week?

I learned that sometimes the best thing to say in a situation is nothing.

This last week I went to do a talk about Clean Water Projects in Africa for a women's group. After I had finished talking, one of the ladies, in fact, the most elderly lady in the room, starting going on about how these African countries should stop relying on us for help and should just build a dam, because then they would have enough water.

I mean, seriously, there are SO MANY THINGS WRONG WITH THAT STATEMENT!
There were all sorts of things running through my head and I couldn't put anything coherent together, so I just let the leader of the group "rescue" me at that point.

Thinking about it afterwards, there were things I could have said, BUT I truly don't think any of them would have made her question her belief at all and that I did the best thing, SAY NOTHING!

If you want to participate in What I Learned this Week, head over to the website by clicking on the image at the top of this post.

0 comments :

Post a Comment