Sunday 15 November 2009

Some time back I wrote a 40 things to do before i am 40 list. The last time I even looked at that list was during the 2007 Blogathon! SCARY!
Well today is my husband's 39th Birthday and so we were discussing what he should do before he is 40 in just one years time. Which means I will be 40 in 1.25 years time! And I figured it was time to revisit this list and shake it up a bit, maybe make some changes, etc, maybe shorten it, who knows. Anyway, for this post, here is my list as it was then, with items that have been completed, struck through. My next post will shorten this list down to the things that I still think are achievable in 1 year and 3 months. Then we can think about if i want to add some things back in.


  1. Get a tattoo
  2. Visit Scotland
  3. Visit Ireland
  4. Visit another country I've never been to before.
  5. Take a Cruise.
  6. Finish that quilt I started years ago!
  7. Buy a plant and keep it alive instead of treating plants as if they are disposable (this one is SOOO ME!)
  8. Get a £50 hair cut at least once. We weren't far off this yesterday. My sis took me an my dad paid, and it was not over £40 each, but not £50. Maybe I should start saving now.
  9. Eat in a Jamie Oliver Restaurant
  10. Eat in one of the Michelin starred restaurants in Ludlow
  11. Read the bible from cover to cover (again).
  12. Inductive study of the whole bible (they say a reasonable target is 3 years)
  13. Discover an exercise regime that I actually ENJOY!
  14. Eat Thai food
  15. Eat Lobster
  16. Visit the Eden Project
  17. Eat Christmas Dinner at a restaurant
  18. Go to one of the Cookery Schools at River Cottage with Hugh Fearnly Whitingstall
  19. See the Northern Lights (at certain times of the year this could be combined with visiting Scotland)
  20. Walk Across the glass floor in Blackpool Tower.
  21. See Elephants in the wild (OK so this one is unlikely in the next 4 years, but I have to put some things that are way "out there" on the list, and I would LOVE to do this)
  22. Get a portrait painted or drawn
  23. Take on some serious training of some sort, whether to be a classroom assistant in school, or to teach adults basic literacy ans numeracy.
  24. stay up for 24 hours raising money through the Blogathon (Well, I was half way through at this point but I didn't quite make it, I had to give in at 3 hours to go, I just could NOT keep my eyes open any longer.)
  25. Make out with hubby on a train or plane.
  26. Ride in a Limo
  27. Be financially able to start sponsoring a child again.
  28. Get a really snazzy mobile phone with video and everything like that!
  29. Have a card design or scrapbooking layout published in a magazine.
  30. Learn to Belly Dance or maybe Hula, properly.
  31. Put together a Step by Step photo recipe book suitable for students who have no common sense in the kitchen. Even if it is just self published, give a copy to eldest son when he leaves for University.








  32. Make a trip with Samaritan's Purse to distribute Christmas Child Shoeboxes.

So yes I literally have completed only 3 items and almost completed another 2! Hmmmm, time for a rethink!

0 comments :

Post a Comment