Monday 30 November 2009

~*~*~*~*~
FOR TODAY, Monday ...

Outside my window... it is probably the coldest say of this season so far. There was frost on the windscreen of my car when I went out this morning and it is set to drop as low as minus 6 tonight (CELSIUS remember, we are metric here)

I am thinking... of all the things I need to get done in the next day or so.

I am thankful for...

  • A fantastic day at the Medieval Christmas Fayre yesterday.
  • An opportunity this week to work through some things with trusted friends.
  • For continued opportunities to speak into the lives of Children in local schools, through assemblies.
  • For the fact that I live where I do, when I do and with the people I do!
  • For the exciting future that I KNOW God has for the people of my town!
  • For my car that is still going.
  • For my computer and the connections it has allowed me to make and the relationships it has allowed me to build.
From the learning rooms... Yesterday I learnt to make crochet flowers. I think I will be making a lot more of them.

From the kitchen... tonight we will be christening my younger son's birthday gift, a tagine. We're making Moroccan chicken with preserved lemons. I think we'll serve it with couscous and flatbreads.

I am wearing... Black cargo trousers, and a burgundy v-neck top with false shirt collar and cuffs.

I am creating... lots of crochet and knitting loom goodies. Some of which are for gifts so there will be no pictures for the moment at least.

I am going... to AMERICA next Spring. Oh did I already tell you that last week? Hmmmmm, I am going . . . to continue to be overly excited about my trip to America. I have wanted to make this trip for so long now and can't quite believe it is really going to happen!

I am remembering.... That I really must get the book off the shelf and learn this school assembly that I am doing tomorrow morning!

I am reading... not an awful lot at the moment, although I do have a basket full of Christmas gifts that I will be digging into over the next few weeks.

I am hoping... For continued breakthrough in a number of areas, particularly the one we will be addressing with friends later this week. My "theme" for this year was breakthrough and I do NOT for one second believe we are done with that yet, even though the year is nearly over.

I am praying....

  • For friends who are struggling with long term illnesses
  • For truth
  • For the BEST Christmas ever, and not in the physical, practical ways.

I am hearing... the electrical hum of my computer and the clicking of the keys as I type, an occasional vehicle outside and not a lot else. Maybe I should put some Christmas music on. Any suggestions?
Around the house...
  • Christmas Planning
  • Meal Planning
  • Shopping List planning
  • dishes to wash and put away
  • laundry to put away
  • Diary to update
    One of my favourite things... at the moment is my new knitting loom. I LOVE IT!

    A few plans for the rest of the week...

    • School assembly tomorrow morning.
    • Shoebox Lorry loading tomorrow all day
    • Son's Spanish Class and me to friends tomorrow afternoon
    • Small Group tomorrow evening
    • Talking with friends Wednesday evening
    • LOCAL Christmas Fayre on Friday afternoon
    • Friend's leaving do on Friday evening
    • Possible trip to another Christmas Fayre on Saturday

    Here is picture thought I am sharing...


    SO, if you want to read more daybook entries or you would like to take part yourself. Click on the image at the top of this post and check it all out.

    0 comments :

    Post a Comment