Saturday 2 July 2011

Those of you who have been around my blog for a while will know that one of the things that I do is give assembly talks at local schools.  Mainly primary schools (5 - 11 years old).  I have a pretty full week coming up with 4 assemblies.  The assemblies are of a mainly Christian nature with some of them having more content than others.  Some make no mention of God or the bible at all but talk about things that are important to people of all faiths, such as making a positive difference in people's lives.  Some may talk about a topic such as bullying and mention a particular bible verse that fits in or have a prayer that finishes the assembly.  For Christmas and Easter there is always more overtly Christian content as i find creative ways to cover those stories.

I received an email last night from the head teacher of the school I am in on Monday.

They have received notice that they will be undergoing an Ofsted Inspection this week.  Ofsted is the government schools inspectorate.  Schools used to get a few weeks notice but now only get one or two working days notice and in some cases, where there are serious concerns, can turn up unannounced. So the inspectors will be in school from Monday morning and the head teacher STILL wants me to come in!

I can't tell you what a big deal this is!  For a school to still want me to come in and do my assembly during Ofsted is huge!

I have to head over to the school tomorrow afternoon (Sunday) to run through the assembly with the head teacher and work out any kinks in the plan.  I'm excited and a little nervous.

0 comments :

Post a Comment