Monday 17 October 2011

Sunday I took the day off from Princess-ing and went to the Northern California Renaissance Faire.

Years ago, I was a member of the Danse Macabre at Faire - the dead musicians, draped in black with bony masks, who parade around playing jaunty, spritely tunes and dancing Death away.  I have plenty of ragged, hole-y Dead costume bits.. but.. that's not really who I am anymore and I wanted to dress a bit more like a pixie.

I woke up at 4:00 am (my dreams were too loud anyway) and sat down at the sewing table to see what came out.  After a couple hours of tinkering, I ended up with a red and black reversible chinese brocade bodice.  It's got no boning in it (mostly because I didn't have any on hand and the fabric store's not open at 4:00 am) but.. boning is rather uncomfortable anyway.  Who needs it?

I didn't get a whole lot of pictures, but here is my fave!



0 comments :

Post a Comment