Thursday 27 October 2011

Up at the crack of dawn this morning.. making labels.  Yes, even the labels are handmade.  :)

I just got back from a couple days in Tahoe, at my family's cabin.  We went up there to get the cabin ready for winter - put up the snow panels on the snow tunnel, put the dirt bikes and the canoe away, and anti-freeze the pipes.  Just in time too - the temperature was down in the 20s both of the nights we were there.  

I woke up well before dawn on Tuesday morning, and finding myself unable to sleep, went downstairs and did some sewing.   (Yes, I take my work with me on vacation.  It must truly be love)  I'd brought 3 pre-cut projects, as there's no good cutting table at the cabin, and so I was able to concentrate just on the fun part.  

It's amazing how much time one has, when deprived of internet access.   Over the course of two days I completed three hoodies.  Well, mostly...  I'd forgotten to pack the zippers, and I was out of labels, but I got them pretty darn close.

Two of these were already sold.. a M/L version of the Green Flower Faerie hoodie but with leaf embroidery rather than swirls, and a S/M Purple Flower Faerie hoodie.  I made another Purple one (since that design just flies off the shelf) and took some creative liberties with the embroidery patterns here too.. I did stylized flowers and spirals, and used Wild Orchid fleece.  Pretty!!!

In between sewing there was time to do all the cabin chores, watch a dramatic hail storm, and play on my new Unicycle.  It being only my first time, I got up and down the street clinging to my hubby and managed about 4 feet solo at the end.  Woo hoo UNICYCLE!

Next up: my halloween costume.  I'm going to be a Fairy Ninja!!!!  Probably not on a unicycle, just yet.  What are you going to be?





0 comments :

Post a Comment