Sunday 6 October 2013

Paper Bag Book

Pin It

In a few weeks time I am going to be joining my husband on a business trip to Germany.  He will be out there for 2 weeks the first section of the trip and then 4 weeks the second section of the trip.  We have managed to persuade his company to fly me out instead of flying him home during that second section.

Since I will have to occupy myself while he is working I thought it would be nice to take some art supplies with me and so this travel journal was born.


The book initially was a gift from a friend but I have made some alterations to it and explained in the video.

Paper Bag Book

It is a basic paper bag book embellished with scrapbook papers in a lovely green.  I adore these papers and if anyone recognises what range they are from I would love you to leave a comment so I can get some for myself.

Paper Bag Book

Paper Bag Book

Initially the paper fasteners held the whole thing together and so the pages on opened as far as this.  I changed things up a bit and added some extra pages, so now the paper fasteners only go through the front cover.

Paper Bag Book

You can see I have added some sheets of artist paper in between the layers of paper bags.

Paper Bag Book

Each of the pocket pages had 6 tags in it, a different colour in each one.

Paper Bag Book

Paper Bag Book

Paper Bag Book

Paper Bag Book

Paper Bag Book

It will fit nicely in my handbag and I will take no more than a pencil case of supplies to go with it (see the video for details).


You can check out the sites I link up to over in my sidebar. Before you go, why not check out my recipes index page, or my craft projects index page, I am sure you will find something there to interest you.

0 comments :

Post a Comment