Monday 24 August 2009

HOW DO YOU DO IT?

Get organised I mean. And stay organised? And work out what your priorities are? And give adequate time to those priorities?

HOW DO YOU DO IT?

I used to be able to do it. I used to be able to spend adequate time with my family, keep a reasonably OK home, spend time building relationships, spend time building my online relationships and fulfilling online responsibilities, eat reasonably healthily, spend time with God, read, journal daily, keep up with my work commitments (admittedly only ever part time) etc etc
I used to be able to do all of that, then I started to suffer wtih the symptoms of sleep apnoea and did less and less as I got more and more tired, culminating in a period of time where I was taking 2 - 4 hour afternoon naps on a daily basis and still feeling totally and utterly tired the whole time.

As you can imagine, housework, organisation, all of that stuff fell by the wayside. Even regular time alone with God did too. I just did not have the energy to do all the stuff.

So, in January this year I picked up a CPAP machine and since May I have lost 28 pounds in weight. The result is I have far more energy than I can ever remember having. It's awesome, amazing, wonderful. But for some reason I have been unable to get back into the organisation, lots of things are still being left undone, many times I find myself killing time at the computer screen, just finding something to do, when there are so many other things I could be doing, and yet still, somehow convincing myself that I NEED to be doing what I am doing right at that moment.

SO, how do YOU do it?
How do you organise yourself, your time, your housework, your spiritual life, your relationships, etc when you are completely out of the habit of organising and appear to have lost the skill!

HELP!

I've thought about going back to Fly Lady - but I'm not sure if I can stand the way I sometimes felt bullied on there, or if you can get the reminders at times appropriate to your location, rather than just in American time.

I've thought about re reading my Kathy Peel Family Manager book and seeing what I can work on from there, but I never managed to get the rest of the family to take the family meetings seriously and it always petered out after just a few weeks.

There are many many organising websites out there.
I KNOW I can't do this alone. I KNOW I need some help, I'm out of the habit. So where should I start?

0 comments :

Post a Comment