Monday 10 August 2009

OK, so I've been away from blogging for a while, and strictly speaking the Simple Woman's Daybook is taking the week off, but she has provided for us all to continue through this post.

~*~*~*~*~
FOR TODAY, Monday 10th August 2009...

Outside my window... the sun has probably begun to set, but I cannot see that through the clouds.

I am thinking... about the family who said goodbye to their beloved mother/grandmother today. I helped out with the food after her memorial service.

I am thankful for... the gaps in the rain, for the sunshine, for the rain, for this beautiful county that God has allowed me to live in. And I am more than thankful that i finally got my driving licence back today. It had been taken from me due to sleep apnoea and I now have it back.

From the learning rooms... I am still learning how to eat right. This is a journey that will take me from obese to a healthy weight, that will take me from unhealthy to healthy and it is a journey that will continue for a life time.

From the kitchen... I did not have to cook dinner tonight, there were so many sandwiches left after the wake I helped out at, that I was able to bring a whole tray home. That and a huge bowl of salad that was also left and we had plenty!

I am wearing... brown trousers and a teal green top. We were told there was to be no black at this funeral, it was a celebration of her life.

I am creating... Not a lot lately. I do want to take the time to create a new schedule at some point this week, so that i will have time to create for fun stuff.

I am going... to take a friend to the hospital on Wednesday to have her cast removed, could be there a while because she will have it removed, get another z-ray and then see one of the docs and possibly have a simpler cast after that.

I am remembering.... .

I am reading... If I could find our copy of Harry Potter 4 I would read that, sadly I cannot. I'm working my way through a re-read. I might have to skip 4 and jump to 5, I don't know. I could also read the time travellers wife again before we go to see it next week.

I am hoping... that my pampered chef party orders will come soon, I could do with a parcel or two to open.

I am praying.... for a number of friends who have lost family members recently.

I am hearing... my husband and eldest son watching the Gadget Show in the other room. That and the fridge, freezer hum.
Around the house... List for the next few days looks like this:
  • Dining room floor
  • Kitchen floor
  • Toilets, bathroom, mirrors
  • Laundry
  • Desk
    One of my favourite things... at the moment, is the website, Spark People. A site that allows you to track all your food and exercise, read health related articles, get support from message boards and teams, blog your journey to health and so on and the best bit of all is it is all ABSOLUTELY FREE.

    A few plans for the rest of the week...

    • Get to the park with my water bottle, journal, bible and pens.
    • Church small group which coincides with the 65th birthday of one of the group.
    • Take my friend to the hospital.
    • Get my youngest son to finish working off what he owes me for the dvd's I bought for him last week.
    • Date with hubby.
    • Lots of exercise.

    Here is picture thought I am sharing...







    SO, if you want to read more daybook entries or you would like to take part yourself. Click on the image at the top of this post and check it all out.

    0 comments :

    Post a Comment