Monday 31 August 2009

Yes, I'm still hanging in there as far as the weight loss is concerned, but I have to admit to having had a bit of a lazy week this week. I was lazy with my food choices, not awful, just not the best either.
I was lazy by allowing myself to have too many days at the top or over my calories range.
I was lazy with the amount of exercise I did, burning considerably less calories than I would like to.
I was also lazy with drinking my water, only managing 500ml on one of the days instead of 2 litres, but not hitting the 2 litres on at least 3 other days.

Oh and it's T.O.M. Consequently the scales did not move in the right direction when I got on them a couple of days ago.

BUT I am back on track today! I WILL do this, I Will Not give up! I am determined!
I have lost 30 pounds since may 25th! I have moved 4 notches on the belt I had to buy to hold my big trousers up. I have no intention of giving up now.

How will I do this?
It's the easiest answer in the world and at the same time it's the hardest answer in the world.

Eat less and move more! Not one or the other, both together, no quick answers, no clever tricks, potions, pills, or gimics, just the long hard slog.
How is that easy?
Knowing this is not about any particular gimic, means I KNOW what I need to do.
How is that hard?
Unless your head, your soul, your spirit is in the right place then you will never succeed at this? I watched a clip from an Oprah show where she had on past winners of the Biggest Loser. Some of them had kept the weight off and some of them had put on most if not all of the weight that they had lost. One of the guys who had put the weight back on said to her that at the end of the show he might have been a thin guy on the outside but he was still a fat guy on the inside, in his head.

So, the easiest answer and the hardest answer all at the same time.
If you're looking for help in that area, head on over to Spark people a free website that allows you to track your food and exercise along with getting support from teams and other message boards.

This post is being submitted to "I am Blissfully Domestic". Please head on over there to read other people's posts.

0 comments :

Post a Comment