Sunday 4 December 2011

holy experience



So much to be thankful for this week.  Here we go then, in no particular order, I am thankful for . . . . 

461.  Journaling 7 days running!  Compared to recently I am doing well and this is something I am so thankful to God for because it keeps me grounded and helps me grow.

462.  Children in school assembly who are totally willing to "give it a go" and eat a whole chocolate covered Brussels sprout.

463.  Whole school that burst into spontaneous applause for her bravery.

464.  My youngest got to pick up his exam certificates this week and we heard some awesome news about the future of that school that is also awesome news for the whole local community.

465.  A friend's son being willing to loan us some toy swords for Open the Book.

464.  Fantastic Open the Book assembly resulting in head teacher and 6 "Egyptian Soldiers" being drowned by another group of children who were playing the part of the sea.  It was incredible!

465.  Another school expressing possible interest in Open the Book.

466.  Even though I had switched phone to silent in advance of assembly I still got message from the friend who picks me up, in just enough time to run up to school.

467.  Waiting by writing . . .

468.  Possible further involvement for one of the team in our main school.

469.  Awesome meeting with a group of young actresses who want to bring their antic trafficking play to our church building as part of an event for the anti trafficking charity headed up by two members of our church.

470.  Their acceptance of our concerns over the level of language in the original play and willingness to tone that down because of the performance being in a church building.

471.  Their eagerness to go away and write more into the play to include everything they learnt from their meeting with us.

472.  The incredible day 2 friends had at a government event in London on Monday.

473.  The incredible day those same two friends had at another event on Friday.

474.  Even though our next door neighbours in our church building ran into the wall with a fork lift truck (we meet in a converted factory unit), and have actually shifted the wall between the two buildings by about an inch towards our side, everything is still standing, no one was hurt and we were still able to use that room (our main room) this morning.

475.  I have my theme for the year 2012, and find it quite amusing.  God certainly has a sense of humour.

476.  I actually got that theme confirmed on 30th November.  Later that day someone pointed out to me that advent is the start of the church calendar year.  How cool, so I could start considering this my yearly them right now!  (I will write a post or two about that theme later this month).

477.   Reminder from a friend that if I am tired my body needs rest and I should listen to it.  Yes miss Dana, thank you!

478.  Fantastic family that visited us at church this morning.  The first time I know of that we have had a child in Sunday's Cool who is only just learning English.  I hope they come back.

479.  God speaks, today, and encouragement comes!  THANK You LORD!

480.  Invitation to "Top Table" for the whole Open the Book team.  A weekly event in the school's dining hall, where specially chosen children and adults get to eat together at a special table, waited on and treated really specially.  So looking forward to that this week.

481.  Father in Law went away on holiday (vacation) by himself for the first time since his wife died earlier this year.  He seems to be having a good time and coping OK.

482.  

If you wish to participate in blogging about your list of 1000 gifts or in Thankful Thursday, you can do so by clicking on the banners at the top of this post.

0 comments :

Post a Comment