Saturday 15 December 2012


Hebrews 11:1 Faith is the confidence that what we HOPE for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see.

Have you ever hoped for something for years and years and never seen it come to pass?  Have you ever given up hope and walked away?  Even on things you had believed with all your heart were promises from God?
Elizabeth and Zechariah must have felt like giving up hope. 

Luke 1:5 In the time of Herod king of Judea there was a priest named Zechariah, who belonged to the priestly division of Abijah; his wife Elizabeth was also a descendant of Aaron. Both of them were righteous in the sight of God, observing all the Lord’s commands and decrees blamelessly. But they were childless because Elizabeth was not able to conceive, and they were both very old.

Being childless back then was a big deal.  Zechariah and Elizabeth had not chosen this path, and yet, here they were, all these years later, now old, and still no child.  I wonder if they still had hope.  I wonder if they had given up hoping.
But God sent an angel with a message and Elizabeth conceived in her old age.  And 6 months later Mary came to visit.  Her much younger relative, and here she was, pregnant as well. 

42 Then in a loud voice Elizabeth said to Mary:
God has blessed you more than any other woman! He has also blessed the child you will have. 43 Why should the mother of my Lord come to me? 44 As soon as I heard your greeting, my baby became happy and moved within me. 45 The Lord has blessed you because you believed that he will keep his promise.

Do you have promises from God you are believing for?  Would circumstances try and tell you those promises are lies?  Do you STILL believe in those promises?  Then take assurance from Elizabeth’s words to Mary: “The Lord has blessed you because you believed that He will keep His promise.” 
I don’t know if you will see your promises fulfilled in this lifetime but I know that the Lord will bless you for believing.  Be blessed!



Pin It

You can check out the sites I link up to over in my sidebar. Before you go, why not check out my recipes index page, or my craft projects index page, I am sure you will find something there to interest you.

0 comments :

Post a Comment