Monday 31 December 2012

It's been a couple of years since I answered the review on the year questions.  You can find links to the set I did at the end of 2010 here, part 1, part 2, part 3.

I am not going to answer the full set here, so if you want to check out the full set, go follow those links.  Here are my highlights from the review on the year for 2012.


What did you do in 2012 that you'd never done before?
Hmmmmm, I prepared and gave a mini sermon to a group of peers on a leadership training course, I also prepared and gave a talk to 2 school Christmas Carol Concerts, with all staff present as well as many parents.  Normally when I do my talks to the children, it is children and a handful of staff, and goes on for about 15 minutes.  This was far more adults than I am used to and I needed to aim it at both the adults and the children and keep it below 5 minutes.  I think I did an ok job and got asked to repeat it for the church on the Sunday before Christmas.

What countries did you visit? 
I didn't go abroad at all this year.  I don't think we even crossed the border into Wales this year.

What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012? 
This was more to the end of the year, (read my previous post for details), but I would like more peace of mind, to have a more level playing field in which to plan.

What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Being patient over an opportunity that had been hinted at at the end of 2011, that only came to final fruition at the end of 2012.  I have some forms to fill in and return later this week, and then it shall be all systems go. Normally I would not be good in the waiting, and in other things this year I wasn't, but in this I knew that if it would be it would be, but in God's timing and that I just had to wait.

What was your biggest failure? 
I struggle with consistency.  In many areas of my life, but particularly in eating right, staying healthy, and in regular journaling.

Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nothing new.  I still have sleep apnoea and have had the regular minor coughs and colds that we all get, but nothing other than that.

What was the best thing you bought?
hmmmmm, possibly the top I am wearing right now.  I went clothes shopping with some vouchers I received for Christmas.  I found this top in the Sales and it was the last one in my size.  I loved it.  But then, the security tag would not come off.  10 minutes I stood there as one member of staff after another tried to remove this security tag.  I stayed calm, I even completed the transaction on the other items I was buying, but I wasn't giving up without a fight, so I waited some more and EVENTUALLY they managed to remove it.  It left a TINY hole in the fabric, for which they took another 10% off the price. I win all round I think!

What do you wish you'd done more of? 
Journaling, both art journaling and written journaling.  I am a better, more balanced person when I take the time to work through stuff in my journal.

What do you wish you'd done less of?
Visiting hospitals and hospices.  Not for me, but my dad.  Not that I don't want to visit him, just that I wish I didn't need to, I wish all this wasn't happening.

What was your favourite TV program?
NCIS? NCIS LA?  Difficult decision there . . . . .  Your opinion?

What was the best book you read? 





What was your favourite film of this year? 
The HOBBIT, The HOBBIT, the HOBBIT!  Seriously, there was one scene that made me cry so hard I had to remove my 3D glasses.



What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? 
The trouble with answering questions at the end of the year about my birthday is it was way back in January and I honestly don't remember!  Arrrgghhhhhhh!

What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?  
A trip to America to meet up with my friends!

How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2012? 
Comfortable but introducing more colour towards the end of the year.

Who was the best new person you met? 
All the people at the Prayer Spaces in Schools training day.  What a day, what an experience, what enthusiasm, what encouragement, what teaching, what amazing practical ideas.


You can check out the sites I link up to over in my sidebar. Before you go, why not check out my recipes index page, or my craft projects index page, I am sure you will find something there to interest you.

0 comments :

Post a Comment