Tuesday 30 March 2010



FOR TODAY, Monday 29th March...

Outside my window... it is raining. It has been raining all day and it is now 6:30pm and still raining.

I am thinking... about some ideas I came up with this morning about things I need to do that scare me and take me out of comfort zone, but are SO God.

I am thankful for... the new kidney my friend Becky got yesterday.

From the learning rooms... I am still learning new things to do with the bread dough from the Artisan bread in 5 minutes a day book. Last week I made their brioche dough and made cinnamon swirl brioches as well as freshly fried doughnuts.

From the kitchen... today I used the basic white dough from the Artisan bread to make a pesto cheese loaf, YUM! I rolled the dough out, spread some pesto across it, sprinkled it with grated parmesan, then rolled it up and tucked the ends underneath to make a loaf shape and continued as normal.

I am wearing... jeans and a beaded brown top. With my walking shoes.

I am creating... on Friday I made two pieces of jewellery as gifts for friends. One had her birthday a couple of weeks ago but her party was on Saturday and the other had her birthday on Sunday.

I am going... to a friends house tomorrow afternoon while my son goes to his Spanish class. I go every week. It's good to just sit and chill and chat with no pressure.

I am remembering.... how uncomfortable I am doing stuff in secondary schools but I went and told God I wanted OUT of my comfort zones. Well, if we stay in our comfort zones how will we ever know it truly was HIM doing the thing and not us doing it in our own strength? I want to do BIG things for God, and I want to KNOW that it was him doing them through me, not me trying to earn and achieve his favour by my own efforts, because that is pointless! It's ALL Grace!

I am reading... My bible and various cookbooks! I did get myself a copy of an awesome book that I read while I was in America but I haven't restarted it yet.
The cookbooks are the Artisan Bread one and a Hairy Bikers cookbook - the Mums Know Best one.


I am hoping... that the weather improves later this week so I can get my new tubs filled with compost and ready for planting.

I am praying.... for my friend Becky who had a kidney transplant yesterday that her new kidney would WAKE UP and start doing what Kidneys are meant to do!
Also for another friend whose daughter lost a baby last week after fighting hard to stay pregnant and thinking they had won.


I am hearing... not a lot, which is unusual for a house with two teenagers and an adult male in the evening.

Around the house... I did half of my Tuesday chores today in addition to my Monday chores and will try and do all the Wednesday chores tomorrow in addition to the rest of the Tuesday chores. This frees up Wednesday as a day with no major chores.

One of my favourite things... at the moment is bread. bread, bread, bread, bread, bread, bread, bread, bread, BREAD!

A few plans for the rest of the week... small group at our house tomorrow evening, coffee with friends on Wednesday, Romeo and Juliet at the Royal Shakespeare Company in Stratford Upon Avon on Saturday. YES, I am going to the regions biggest tourist hot spot on their busiest weekend of the Spring season. WHY? Because when I booked the tickets I truly had not noticed it was Easter Saturday that day!

Here is picture thought I am sharing...


SO, if you want to read more daybook entries or you would like to take part yourself. Click on the image at the top of this post and check it all out.

0 comments :

Post a Comment