Monday 6 September 2010

After many differing results with the Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes a Day method of bread making, I am trying something new today.  I am using a flour that comes from a local farm shop and is ground at Wessex Mill.  Each bag can be traced back to the specific farm the wheat was grown on.
Although this is a small mill it is still roller ground, like most of the flour we buy in the supermarkets.
 
So, first, I will make and use a batch made from this flour and later I will make and use a batch from a different mill that stonegrinds it's wheat.  We shall see if there is any difference.  First of all I am looking to see if the flour from these mills makes a difference from using supermarket wheat that is mostly roller ground in HUGE industrial mills, then secondly I am looking to see if there is a difference between the roller ground small mill and the stoneground small mill!


Stay Tuned, photos and results will follow over the next few of days.

0 comments :

Post a Comment