Tuesday 28 September 2010

Don't worry it is perfectly safe for me to say I'm off on a trip online because hubby and teen son are both staying home.

I'm heading off for two nights alone.
One of the things I do in life is talks and presentations for Samaritans Purse, particularly Operation Christmas Child, and particularly in schools.
There is a town about 90 minutes from here that I have gone to for the last 3 years to do talks at schools in the area.  Because it is a bit of a journey I get them all over and done with in a matter of 2 or 3 days and the last 2 years have taken the opportunity to stay over and get a little retreat time.  That's where I will be for the next couple of days.

So I'll head over there this afternoon and find the Bed and Breakfast I'm staying at, because this year I'm staying somewhere I haven't stayed before.  Then tomorrow I have talks at three different schools and on Thursday at two different schools.  The rest of my time is my own.

I'm taking with me my bible, journal, bible study homework and pen.
And I am taking a bag with me that includes some art journaling supplies I can use on the go.
I'll make another post before I leave, with photos of what art journal supplies I am taking.

The only part of the trip I don't look forward to is eating out alone, it always feels a little weird to me, so I will have to have a root around my bookcases for something fun and fluff to read during my meals.  If you were eating out alone what would you take to fill the time?

0 comments :

Post a Comment