Monday 23 May 2011

This is what I spent most of Saturday morning putting together in my church building.


It took 3 hours, and that was with my hubby helping.  I dread to think how long it would have taken on my own.

We have had the map of our town up on the wall there for quite a while, just sitting there on it's own.  A few weeks ago I had the idea to mark all the schools in town, on the map.  That has now expanded to a rolling program of displays that will have different themes.  Well, you can read about that here:


Over on the right are some prayer pointers


and a list of the schools covered by our local education authority but not included on the map.  The schools covered on this map are the 5 - 11 year old schools, except the special schools for disabled children and children with special educational needs.  Because there were so many schools to include, I decided to add the special schools into the next display which will have the 11-16 and 16-18 provision marked as well as the local university campus.

When we have finished with education I was thinking about marking all the doctors surgeries and the hospital one time, and the police stations another, with fire and ambulance stations another.  After that I have no idea what we will do, any suggestions?

I'll leave you with one final picture.

0 comments :

Post a Comment