Monday 16 May 2011

I've been meaning to make one of these for SO long now and finally decided to just knuckle down and get it done.  A towel wrap for my hair.


I have to admit that I have a large head, very large, in fact even men's extra large hats don't fit me!  SO in order to get a towel wrap that would fit me well and encompass all of my hugely long hair I knew I needed to make my own.  I decided to use the pattern and instructions at Skip to My Lou and just make the wrap bigger than her pattern.

I think I might have made it too much too big, looking at how much fabric I'm having to tuck into the elastic when I use it.  If I make another of these for myself I will probably go with something half way between her pattern and the size I made this time.


The pattern over at Skip to my Lou wants the height when cutting out to be 12 inches.  From the following photos you can see I used almost 14 inches and used the full width of the towel available between any ribbing.


Sewed it together, inserting an elastic loop at the curved end and it was complete.


I also made a spa wrap from a much larger towel, and will share that project later in the week.

You can see the places I link to in the sidebar.

0 comments :

Post a Comment