Saturday 10 April 2010

No, not the Mary Poppins song, but feeding them for real. Do you do that? We make a bit of an effort, but with our whole garden (yard) being quite small, we don't have as much opportunity as some people might.

The other day I noticed some way in which we have been helping the birds by accident.
Last year we lined out hanging baskets with liners made from Coir (Coconut fibre). My husband had emptied the hanging baskets at the end of last summer but not got around to dealing with the liners. The other day as I was standing facing our back door doing a lot of pressing for the sewing projects I was working on, I watched as a female blackbird went backwards and forwards to and from where that Coir liner was, and each time she ha a beak full of the fibres. So while we may have fallen behind a bit on the feeding of the birds, apparently we ARE helping them to build their nests.

She was back again this morning. Maybe I'll try and get a photo or two of her later in the week.

0 comments :

Post a Comment