Wednesday 23 February 2011

More Traditional Blessings and Prayers:

May God grant you many years to live,
For sure He must be knowing
The earth has angels all too few
And Heaven is overflowing


   
May the face of every good news
And the back of every bad news
Be toward us.



May you have warm words on a cold evening
A full moon on a dark night
And the road downhill all the way to your door.



Blessing for a child leaving home
The great God between your shoulder blades
To protect you in your going and returning,
The Son of the Virgin Mary be close to your heart,
And the perfect Holy Ghost be keeping an eye on you.


         
Blessing for parents
For my mother, who raised me at her breast,
And for my father,
Who raised me by the work of his bones,
I trust in the Son of God
When they enter His presence
That there will be a hundred thousand
Welcomes for them
In the heavens of peace.



Circle me, Lord.
Keep protection near
And danger afar.
Circle me, Lord
Keep hope within.
Keep doubt without.
Circle me, Lord.
Keep light near
And darkness afar.
Circle me, Lord.
Keep peace within.
Keep evil out.


         
Lord, make this home a happy place,
Aglow with warmth and cheer,
A friendly place so all who come,
Feel truly welcome here,
A peaceful and contented place
That's filled with Thy pure love.
Lord, make this home a happy place
And bless it from above.


I do hope you'll come back tomorrow to read more and do apologise if there have been any repeats, with this many in the file it's a little difficult to keep track.

0 comments :

Post a Comment