Wednesday 27 April 2011

Well, that's the question, when art happens in a Christian worship meeting, is that art just happening DURING worship or is the doing of that art actually worship itself?  I honestly believe that the act of doing the art CAN BE worship!  Just as it can BE prayer, participating in the making of art CAN BE a means of communicating with God, whether that be worship, thanksgiving, repentance or request.

However, I have not done any kind of art in a worship meeting for a long time and certainly never done it since I began to believe in my ability to do art.

All that changed this week.  Easter Sunday 2011.

Late on Saturday evening I spotted an email from one of our church leaders, who had requested that people bring the tools of their creativity to church on Sunday to be part of the celebration of the resurrection of Jesus Christ.  So, off I went and packed a bag of art materials.  I pulled a page out of a book on birds of prey, that I have been wanting to use for ages, my art journal, some paints, some stamps and ink pads, glue, scissors and pens.  And Sunday morning off we went.

We were a bit thin on the ground this year for Easter Sunday, a lot of people were away visiting family, and it soon became apparent that I was the only one who had brought stuff to use during the meeting.  However I am used to being a bit different and went ahead.  WOW, is all I can say about the experience, it truly was participating in worship, just WOW!


The rubiks cube has nothing to do with the art.  My son put it down in order to take the photograph of me at work.


Psalm 91:3
He will cover you with His feathers and under his wings you will find protection.

0 comments :

Post a Comment