Monday 18 April 2011

Remember the post about my craft room?


Well even though everything is much more organised than it was before I still wasn't sure what I had of what, particularly n the fabric section.  Yesterday a friend had enquired about getting a bag made just for her, and wondered what fabrics I had in hand.  To be honest I had some idea but had no way of describing them to her accurately. 

Today I have to tidy the craft room because eldest son is coming home for 2 weeks, and will be sleeping in there.  So, while I was working on that I decided to go through the fabric stash and catalogue it. 

For now I have not recorded how much I have of each fabric, but I have a rough idea.  I have put a 12 inch (30cm) ruler on each photo to give you an idea of the size of the patterns.


This WAS the old curtains in the craft room.  I already have 5 larger shopping bags cut out of the one curtain and have not yet cut into the 2nd curtain.  There is a nice quantity of this.


There's probably at least 2 or 3 metres of this, cut into 2 panels with hems at each end (it was curtains on a gazebo I used to use for storytelling), plus a bit spare.


This is a voile and so, not suitable for making bags, but I am sure I can come up with a use for it.  This also was curtains on the gazebo, so again, probably 2 or 3 metres or more, cut into two panels with hems on each end.  We have the same fabric but in a red colourway as curtains in our living room.


Another Voile, another panel from the gazebo curtains!  Again 2 or 3 metres or more.


Enough to make one large shopping bag, but the handles would have to be in a different fabric, or 2 smaller bags, but still needing handles from a different fabric.  I could also use webbing for handles.  This is a heavier weight fabric that is leftover from a door curtain for the archway between our kitchen and dining rooms.


A medium weight fabric.  I think I originally bought a metre and a half but have used some of it.


A lightweight fabric, Absolutely gorgeous pattern, quite a good quantity.


Fantastic dotty fabric, fairly lightweight, again a fairly good quantity.


About a metre or so of Christmas fabric, lightweight.


Originally purchased to make tablecloths and napkins, I have a large quantity of this.  Lightweight.


Matching fabric in blue, but much less of this one, seems I must have made the napkins and tablecloths in blue but never got around to making the green ones.

To go with that I also have,


There's a good quantity of this but not as much as the green one two pictures up.


A heavy weight fabric, weighted like a hessian but much softer.  It has one seam across it and a snap sewn on the sides.  It was a cape for a Gandalf costume.


And, finally a medium weight fabric.  I have plenty of this.  I believe I used a small quantity of what I purchased but more than that.  I believe that there is also a bag with large quantities of sheeting.  I THINK there is peach and another colour.

All in all, you can see that I have both fabrics that I want to re use from previous projects, and fabrics that I have never used that have been sitting here for years! 
So like I said . . .

"Hello, my names is Zoe and I have had a craft supplies buying problem!"

0 comments :

Post a Comment