Monday 6 June 2011

I've been busy creating and haven't been blogging.  First of all I finished up the two handbags I have been making for my Etsy shop.



Then I finished up the shopping totes also for my Etsy shop.


All of those are being sold to raise funds for a mission trip I am making in September.  Watch out for more details in a blog post tomorrow or Wednesday.

Today I have to cut fabric for 2000 wristbands!  Yes 2000!  Oh my word, I am sure I will be glad of my HUGE cutting mat and rotary cutter by the time this is done!
A group of people at our church are involved in an an anti trafficking charity that is brand new and will be at a music and film festival in a week or so where we need to publicise the charity.  Because it is so new we don't have any publicity stuff to hand out, you know, like printed wrist bands, or the other kind of stuff they hand out to young people at festivals.  So we have decided to make fabric wristbands, write the web address on them and hand those out.

I realised that I have a huge stack of sheeting fabric that I bought ages ago and never used.  I measured it up, worked out what size the bands need to be and figured I could get just over 1000 from each piece and I have two pieces.  I'd been asked for 2000 so this is perfect!
We're hoping to use jewellery making ribbon ends to make half of them and knot the other half.  So far I have managed to get 500 of the ribbon ends from my usual supplier.  Add on the 50 I already had, and that still leaves me short.  Hmmm, better find some more then.

0 comments :

Post a Comment