Wednesday 15 June 2011

I got this recipe from Food.com

Blueberry Lemon Cake

Ingredients

  • 2 3/4 cups flour
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine (113g if it is butter)
  • 1 3/4 cups sugar
  • 4 eggs
  • 2 tablespoons lemon juice
  • 1 tablespoon lemon zest
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 cup buttermilk
  • 1 1/4 cups blueberries, tossed with
  • 1 tablespoon flour  

This is originally a Bundt Cake recipe but I am using a daisy shaped Silicon cake tin.  Even though it is Silicone I still like to grease it.  I had been greasing and flouring but then I bought a bottle of Cake release.  I use a small amount of that and brush it on with a pastry brush.  It works really well, even for more complicated cake tins.


Heat oven to 350°F.  For other UK bakes like me, that's just under 180C.


The recipe says to beat the butter until soft and smooth, I softened it in the microwave instead.  Then beat it with the sugar in my stand mixer.


Once that is mixed and nice and smooth, add the eggs, one at a time, beating thoroughly between each.


Add lemon juice, lemon zest and vanilla and beat until combined. Beat in flour in three additions, alternating with buttermilk. Beat for 2 minutes.

Fold in blueberries.


Spoon into prepared pan.

 
Because my cake pan wasn't as big as the one called for in this recipe I was also able to make 6 muffin sized cupcakes.
Bake at 350F for 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 20 minutes.
 

When using a silicon pan, it is much better to actually leave it in the pan until completely cooled.  However, with using the cake release I find I can turn them out while still a little warm.

There is a glaze to go with the cake in the recipe, but I didn't use that.  I just sprinkled the cake with icing sugar.


You'll have to excuse the Christmas cake board, it was the only one I had in my cupboard the right size.  Must remember to pick up some more.

I hope you try this out it was so yummy, we finished it off for breakfast this morning.

You will find the link parties I join up with over in my sidebar.  I hope you enjoyed your visit and come back soon to see what else I have been up to.  Or you could check out my other recipes and food posts.

0 comments :

Post a Comment