Tuesday 7 August 2012

No idea who the hairy Bikers are?  Check out my previous post that shares who they are and their recipe for Scandinavian Rye Bread.

In short, they are two hefty guys who like motorbikes and good hefty food.  We have loved their tv shows and we have loved their recipe books.  I think there's only 1 of their books that we don't have here at home.

But all that good food has taken its toll and their new tv series and book is all about making healthier food that still tastes amazing.  It saw them drop 3 stones each (14 pounds to a stone for my American readers), in just over 3 months, and go from this, on their Mississippi adventure, filmed at the start of this year:



to this:



We watched the first episode on Saturday and went straight out to buy the book on Sunday, cooking our first recipe from it on Monday.  The first episode doesn't have many recipes in it because of all the work on setting the scene for why they are doing it and how the series is going to work and so on, but we love the way these guys are together on screen and enjoyed all of it.

We've looked through the recipe book and actually are determined to try out every single recipe from it, over the next few weeks.  I will only be sharing a few of the recipes here, obviously, for copyright reasons, but will share comments and photos of most of the ones we try and link you to the recipes on their website, or the bbc website for the series.  The first recipe I will share will be their recipe for Chicken Korma, and I should get that post up later today.

You can check out the sites I link up to over in my sidebar. Before you go, why not check out my recipes index page, or my craft projects index page, I am sure you will find something there to interest you.

0 comments :

Post a Comment