Friday 10 August 2012

Over the last few days we have tried a few more of the Hairy Dieters recipes from the new Hairy Bikers recipe book and TV series.

While the flavours have been great all round, the overall results have not always been as expected, so here we go with a couple of recipe reviews.

First of all the one dish Spanish Chicken.


Pin It

So we took these ingredients (plus a green pepper I forgot to include in the photo)


And made this:


I did include an extra 500g of potatoes because we have large appetites, but did account for that in my food tracker.  The recipe came out much much wetter than it should have done from the photos in the book.  You can see above how much liquid ended up on the plates, and there was still this much left in the pan:


I don't think the extra potatoes could account for that.  I think it was because our tomatoes were very ripe and juicy.  If I was going to make this again I would probably de-seed the tomatoes and see if that made a difference.  And we WILL try it again because the flavour was great!


For the second recipe review, let's go to the recipe for Fruit and Crumpets for breakfast.


I didn't have any crumpets, but I did have some leftover waffles from a couple of days before, so I made this recipe using that.  SO QUICK!


The recipe calls for mixed spice, but I didn't have any.  I used the nutmeg and cinnamon instead.  It also calls for raspberries, which I didn't have, so I used a plum instead and cooked that for a little longer than the other fruit.  Well, cook might be the wrong word, you are literally warming them, not cooking them.

While the waffle was in the toaster heating back through, I did this:





Fast, delicious and TASTY.  But not so budget concious unless you are using fruit you have grown yourself. I certainly couldn't afford to eat like this all the time.  I managed to pick up the strawberries and blueberries reduced at a store that already had them on half price.

So far I have blogged about these recipes from the book:


Check back over the next few days as I share more recipes from the book, and if you haven't managed to catch the tv series yet, I would recommend it.

You can check out the sites I link up to over in my sidebar. Before you go, why not check out my recipes index page, or my craft projects index page, I am sure you will find something there to interest you.

0 comments :

Post a Comment