Tuesday 16 October 2012

This is my day sixteen post for the "31 days of blogging in October" challenge.  I am blogging 31 days of Children's Ministry.  To find links to all the other days (as they get posted) go to DAY 1.


Pin It

I don't have too much time to write today, so I have another story for you.  This story doesn't work well with younger children because it's so long, at around half an hour.  But it works well with older children and adults.  I haven't told it in a while, so I would probably have to re learn it if I needed to tell it again.  It's basically the cinderella story but from before it got tweeked to the modern fairy tales happy endings.  There is a version of tattercoats out there, published on the web but I think that was published AFTER the workshop at which I learnt this story.  It was presented to us as a very bare story and we discussed how to flesh it out and develop it.  I'm pretty sure that whoever did publish it did so after that workshop.  So, my version is slightly different than the one you will find out there on the web, which appears to cut off certain parts of the story as I know it.


How would I use this in children's ministry?  There's an element that this story has a purpose of pure entertainment, but I also find it makes people think deeply, it moves people, and can spark all sorts of discussions about why the people in the story behaved the way they did, and how they could have behaved differently, or we discuss how a godly response would be different than the ones in the story.


You can check out the sites I link up to over in my sidebar. Before you go, why not check out my recipes index page, or my craft projects index page, I am sure you will find something there to interest you.

0 comments :

Post a Comment