Monday 15 October 2012

This is my day fifteen post for the "31 days of blogging in October" challenge.  I am blogging 31 days of Children's Ministry.  To find links to all the other days (as they get posted) go to DAY 1.


Pin It

I don't have the best drawing skills.  I'm not afraid to admit that.  While I am discovering that I do have artistic abilities, drawing is the one area that still lets me down.  This can be a problem when preparing materials for lessons, or more particularly for Open the Book school assemblies.  I am sure I am not the only kids leader who finds myself in this position.

That's where the internet and tracing comes to my rescue.  Over and over again!


Last week in Open the Book we were doing the story of Cornelius and peter and needed a sheet with some of the animals that Peter sees on the sheet.  So, off to the internet I went doing an image search.  Eels, lobsters, lizards, prawns, pigs, snakes and a ham all came my way!  I printed them off at an appropriate size and placed them under the fabric at a spacing I thought looked OK.  I traced over the lines with a black permanent marker, then coloured them in with kids poster paints.  I'm really pleased with them, what do you think?

If you are involved in children's ministry in any way, how have you worked around areas in which you are not particularly strong?


You can check out the sites I link up to over in my sidebar. Before you go, why not check out my recipes index page, or my craft projects index page, I am sure you will find something there to interest you.

0 comments :

Post a Comment