Monday 15 February 2010

~*~*~*~*~
FOR TODAY, Monday 15th February...

Outside my window...it is cloudy but dry.

I am thinking...about all the things I need to get done today that I seem to have absolutely no motivation to get done! I swear, even though it's the kids who are on mid term break week from school, I seem to want to join them in doing nothing.

I am thankful for... truth being spoken at church yesterday with a reminder that we are to lift up and encourage and if we are doing the opposite we need to consider our motivation and remind ourself that the enemy is the one who seeks to kill, steal and destroy.

From the learning rooms...This week I learnt how to crochet a ruffle scarf. I had no idea it would be so easy. However, I also learnt that when I crochet for too long I get a sore neck. This might scupper my plans to crochet on the plane when I go to America.

From the kitchen... Lots of new to us recipes this past week. We worked entirely from the Jamie Oliver Ministry of Food book. This coming week we are working entirely from the Nigella Express book, including Nutella Pancakes on Tuesday and a ginger Wine Trifle later in the week.

I am wearing... jeans and an orange and brown jersey top. With my walking boots. I have to wear proper shoes all the time because I have a bad fallen arch on my right foot and need to wear arch supports. Wish I could afford custom ones, but for the moment it's over the counter ones and I find my foot slips in and out of my shoe if I wear them with ordinary shoes, because it makes my heel sit too high in the shoe. I have a couple of pairs of shoes coming from a shoe catalogue this week that might work better, but if not, they go back!

I am creating... lists, or at least I will need to later today. Lists for what I need to get done before I go to America in 10 days time.

I am going... to a hotel on Friday with my hubby to celebrate our anniversary.

I am hoping... that we work out a solution for me to take photos while I am away without having to take our big main camera.
The camera in my phone has not proved to be particularly good, and we do have a 2nd camera that is smaller, but eldest son told me yesterday it wasn't working. I need to check that with hubby and see what we can do about it.
I am praying.... for truth to be believed, for lies to be exposed and for God to be glorified.

I am hearing... my 18 year old whining because I asked him to do a chore for me.
Around the house... it's Kitchen and dining room day today. Need to work out what we will do about replacing the dining room chair that got broken over the weekend. Hmmmm.
    One of my favourite things... is to think about my trip to America and refuse to think about the delays that happened to my friends who just went to Kansas for the week. 2 hours into their flight across the Atlantic they plane came back to the UK to eject a passenger who was drunk. Nothing like that will be happening on my trip, I have declared it.

    A few plans for the rest of the week... trip down to local living history museum to pick up some gifties for daughters of friends I will be staying with in America. Night away with hubby for our anniversary and probably start packing.

    Here is picture thought I am sharing...


    SO, if you want to read more daybook entries or you would like to take part yourself. Click on the image at the top of this post and check it all out.

    0 comments :

    Post a Comment