Sunday 7 February 2010

~*~*~*~*~
FOR TODAY, Monday 8th February ...

Outside my window... I don't want to talk about the weather for outside my window today. Because outside my window covers everything that isn't inside these 4 walls and I know that outside my window there are people who are hurting and confused and scared and lost and lonely. And I know that some of those are people I know, and know well.
And my heart cry to God is that he meet them where they are at! That they see, that they are not alone in where they are and what they are feeling, that they truly SEE and UNDERSTAND and FEEL that HE is right there with them. That HE has not left them to face these situations and confusions alone.
I pray for healing and restoration. For hope to rise again. A hope based in truth.

I am thinking... that I need to reach out, outside of my cosy, comfortable existence, that I need to stretch and grow and reach out!

I am thankful for...

  • Friends
  • Worship and wonderful worship teams and leaders
  • Stories
  • Truth
  • Grace
  • Mercy

From the learning rooms... I am learning that sometimes it takes faith to simply put one foot in front of the other.

From the kitchen... Last week there was a fish pie that resulted in me getting a fish bone stuck in my throat. BOY that was scary! Thanks to the internet, I was able to look up what to do and see if there was an alternative to going to the hospital.
BREAD, dry bread, swallowed with as little chewing as possible, finally shifted it. It is hard to fight against the instinct to chew that bread and get it swallowed, but if you can do that, it kind of catches against the fish bone and drags it out of where it is stuck.
I am wearing... jeans, teal green t-shirts, walking shoes and a sweater.

I am going... to be doing a school assembly tomorrow morning, at one of my regular schools. Looking forward to it, it should be fun!

I am reading... not a lot recently, although I hope to chagne that in the near future. Want to get back to the re read of Fresh Brewed Life and finish that again. Then start on some of the mountain of unread books.

I am hoping... that through the difficulties, through the heartache, through the pain and distress, that GOD will be glorified! It's going to be a tough week for some of the people we know and love as they process stuff.

I am praying....
  • that God will be glorified.
  • that I will know how to personally reach out to the people involved.
  • that we as a couple will know how to reach out generally.
  • that Truth will reign.
  • That LIGHT will shine in the darkness.

I am hearing... the whir of the washer/dryer as it spins. Will be time to fetch the clothes out of it soon.
Around the house... I am expecting a plumber to arrive shortly to replace our cracked toilet bowl. it is probably going to mean extra jobs for us when he is finished because of the way the room is right now, but we'll have to deal with that.
    One of my favourite things... is to remember that I am loved and I am chosen, and I am here in this place at this time for a purpose, even if I sometimes wonder what that purpose is.

    A few plans for the rest of the week... Small Group on Tuesday, this weeks hands on stuff involves a tool kit! Then Date night on Thursday, maybe we'll just go for coffee/hot chocolate this week.

    Here is picture thought I am sharing...


    SO, if you want to read more daybook entries or you would like to take part yourself. Click on the image at the top of this post and check it all out.

    0 comments :

    Post a Comment