Saturday 20 November 2010

Remember this?  First posted in 2006:
I found this box on ebay a few weeks ago and was fortunate enough to win it.



Did you count them? That's right, 24 little hinged boxes, with a lovely display area in the middle. I knew right there and then this was to be MY Advent gift to myself, no sweets (candy) and miniature toys going in this box.


The first job was to mask up the box, so I could use more than one colour, and then a trip to the DIY store to get a couple of match pots. I could have gone traditional red and green? I could have tried silver and gold? Instead I chose . . . . well, remember, this is a girlie box. . . . . see for yourself:Then I had to put the numbers on somehow. Hmmm, my handwriting isn't neat enough to try that? Peel offs? Or stickers? So I took a trip to the craft store, and guess what I found, sheets of number stickers in LILAC! To match the box, OH YES!




Well, I'm thinking about using it again this year.
Sooooo, if you were filling an advent calendar for yourself, what would you put in it? Can include written things as well as thing things (GRIN) but it would be a shame to waste the space in those boxes by just putting written things in it.

0 comments :

Post a Comment