Sunday 28 November 2010

I've got this huge pile of fleece in my closet.  The last few hoodies I've made have been made using unusual fleece (peacock print) and the fleece itself both inspired, and limited, the hoodies.  You can't get too crazy with design, when the fleece itself is all crazy, or you end up with way too much extra crazy, and nobody wants that.

I've got ideas rolling around for some of the simpler colors.  I have some black and red patterned fleece that wants to be a Darth Maul hoodie, and this morning I got an idea for the brownish tie dye fleece.. it is wanting more and more to become and Adventurer Hoodie.

Adventurers. 19th Century explorers.. Amelia Earhart, Sir Richard Francis Burton, Lewis & Clark.  The opening sequence of the Pixar movie "Up".  The golden age of explorers is exciting to read about or think about, and the style is just so much fun.  In my head there are Indiana Jones-style maps with big dotted lines on them.. lots of brass rivets and grommets.. fur lined hoods and plentiful pockets for swiss army knives.. loops for carrying your ice axe.. sturdy metal zippers and fastenings everywhere because your life may someday depend on this garment you wear.

Hmmmm.. now, what did I do with my sketchbook?...

0 comments :

Post a Comment