Tuesday 23 November 2010

 I just finished this Peacock pullover a couple days ago.  I had a lot of fun with this one.  I started with this peacock fleece panel, and the fun part was laying out the hoodie so that the peacocks' eyes and feathers all ended up in the right places and the lines flowed well.

This was a bit of a challenge.. I took a long time deciding what should be the front, how to fit the sleeves, etc.  I finally decided to add the blue panel underneath the sleeves because I could lay the fabric out better that way.

Originally I'd planned for the peacock fabric to go all the way around the body, but when I cut and sewed the sides of the garment, the whole thing came out WAY too busy.. so I decided to extend the blue down the sides as well and I'm really happy with the result!

I decided not to put a hood on, so the peacock on the back could peek at you without being covered up.

The cuffs are done in purple ultra-cuddle fabric, which is very soft and really nice to the touch.  I experimented a lot before I decided on the seam color.. there are so many colors in this fabric that *everything* looked good!

However, being the Princess that I am, I simply can't resist sparkly purple.  The seams really add a lot to the look, and add texture and shine (sparkly is GOOD!!)

I originally did the side seams and underarm seams on the inside, also using sparkly purple thread, but .. the stuff that makes the purple thread sparkly also makes it a little itchy.  I am not willing to wear itchy things!  I redid the inside seams with soft ordinary purple thread.

More pictures in the photo gallery.  Also it's for sale on Etsy.

Let me know what you think about this one.  It's so unusual and so bright!  I think I'm going to make one out of this Dolphin fleece panel next.

0 comments :

Post a Comment