Wednesday 16 March 2011

BookMarks

So, I finally got the craft room sorted out and most things onto the shelves. And yesterday I started on my first project.

When I went to the big craft show at the NEC in Birmingham last year, I got some free pressed flower stickers for participating in a workshop.

BookMarks

I had no idea what to do with them until I actually opened up a package and realised they came with a backing card that was the perfect size for a bookmark.

BookMarks

OK, so the back of the card is covered in text but there's an easy way around that.

BookMarks

I used a tape runner to attach the card to the back of a patterned paper, then cut around it.

BookMarks

The pieces of card were 2" by 5 1/2". I then put a piece 1 3/4" by 5 1/4" on top of that and a piece 1 1/2" wide with different lengths for the two styles of stickers, on top of that.  I rounded the corners of each piece, using a corner punch.

BookMarks

On the back of the cards I used my Kuretake calligraphy pens to write out a quote I found online.  I also put one of the smaller pressed flower stickers and used my "Hand made by Zoe" stamp.

BookMarks

Each sheet of stickers was enough to make 2 bookmarks, so half of each set were made using other cardstock that I had in my supplies.

I prefer the pink ones with the red pressed flower stickers.  Which are your favourite?

0 comments :

Post a Comment