Tuesday 8 March 2011

How many of you have a theme for the year?  Either one that you feel is God given or one you have chosen yourself?

How's it going?  Have you thought about it recently?  Can you see where that theme is working in your life at the moment?

For me, the theme for 2011 is NEW THINGS.  Well, there are a few new things since my last update.

I mentioned in that last post that I needed to renew my passport, well, that is done and I now have a nice, shiny, new passport.  The planning for the trip to Romania is under way and it looks like it will possibly be the beginning of May, but that is yet to be confirmed.  I am really excited about the possibility of making this trip, and mulling some ideas for raising funds for the expenses.

Secondly we are proud owners of a NEW car.  We have a Kia Picanto (and the next person who calls it cute might get slapped), which should save us a huge amount on our fuel bill.  I'm not going to quote the number plate (registration, licence plate or whatever else you want to call it) so openly, but let me say it FITS perfectly with the theme for the year.  I haven't driven it yet, and have only been in it once, but hey, it's hubby's car.  It does mean I have the old car back as mine for a while at least.  It's making strange noises and hubby is going to take a look at it soon. I doubt it will make it through it's next MOT (Road worthiness test) in August, but let's wait and see.

Thirdly I am dealing with new health issues.  Frustrating and not pleasant but at least I am moving forward with tests and so on.

The final two are NOT QUITE YET, but very soon.
Firstly, the reason you haven't seen any crafty posts from me in a while: we have redecorated eldest's bedroom.  He has moved away, but still comes back for a while at holidays and so on.  The painting is all finished, and we are waiting for furniture to arrive this week.  When that is all put together it will be time to load all the craft materials onto the shelves etc because it will be my NEW craft room.  I have already moved some materials out from the old craft area, under the stairs, and hubby has swapped his desk area from eldest's room to down there, hence no new craft blogs in a while.  The furniture should be up and in place by the end of the weekend.  It might take me a few more days to get all the craft materials up into the shelves the way I want them.

Secondly we may have a new shower cubicle soon!  It had had to have a hole punched in it a while ago to reach a leaky pipe and hubby is finally getting around to fixing it.  The tiling is all done apart from one thin edging strip and one half tile.  Then he will have to do the grouting and finally but the cubicle back together and we will be done!

So yeah, NEW THINGS!  How is your theme going?

0 comments :

Post a Comment