Wednesday 2 March 2011

I've been experimenting.  :)

I tried a lot of new things with this hoodie.  It was really fun to make.  I am getting to the point where I am confident enough with my basic designs that I can really start to play with the details and not worry too much about the outcome.. I can generally fix anything that goes to far awry and I'm relaxing enough that the "mistakes" or oddities seem to add to the overall look instead of detracting.  Also, making mistakes sometimes leads to a brand new idea that I wouldn't have come up with otherwise.  Love when that happens.

I'm still tweaking on this guy.. there are a few more little changes I want to make and lines I want to clean up, etc, but it's so close to being finished and so unusual and fun that I really wanted to put up some pics.  Please let me know what you think.


Also, not sure what to call this one.  It makes me feel like I'm deep in the forest, so right now it's the "Deep in the Forest" coat, but I think I can do better....  (sorry about the weird lighting but the weather is quite exciting right now)

the back is my favorite part.  The spiral hood design inspired the whole thing.

from the front.. the triangle neckline is really interesting to me

I love how long the hood is and I really like the sleeve cuffs, they're cool

pocket flaps are nifty too.  :)  

0 comments :

Post a Comment