Wednesday 30 December 2009

What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
What a question to start the day with. I really have no idea, too tired and cold for a question like that.


How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?

Comfortable!


What kept you sane?

Faith. I mean, seriously I wonder how people who don't have a belief in and relationship with god ever manage to cope. I KNOW I have somewhere to go, someone to turn to when things get tough, someone to strengthen me, someone to renew me, someone to hold me and give me peace, someone to challenge me to grow and never leave me in the dirt and the dust of life.


Who did you miss?
Another hard question. I think the people I miss the most are people who are here, haven't gone anywhere but just don't communicate. How can you live with someone and keep yourself so closed off to them that they never know what you think or feel about pretty much anything? OK, so not every day is like that, but sometimes at home is the loneliest place to be. This year that is going to change! Breakthrough is NOT over.


Who was the best new person you met?

Not huge numbers of new people this year, and most of the ones I can think of have actually ben around since before the start of the year.
I met some of my son's teachers for the first time this year. They are an interesting bunch. Working in a tough school, with all the issues that entails and yet totally committed to these kids and their futures. Because my son is an incredibly able student we have all sorts of in jokes with some of the teachers and I think they say stuff to me they wouldn't say to some of the other parents.
I'll have to tell you the exam room joke sometime.


Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009:
It's time to stop making excuses, stop blaming other people, stand up and walk through life as an adult inside, not a child. And at the same time as taking up responsibility that I have been trying to avoid, to stop carrying responsibility that is not mine.


Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
I always struggle with this question.
Never heard this song before, but searched for songs with a particular keyword in the lyrics and this is what I found, it's perfect.

You got me
Just in time
I never knew
Just how long it'd take
To get to this place
I can't believe it's been this hard
Now I'm finally moving on
Yeah, it's really coming true

I know it's a breakthrough
To see what you've always wanted me to
I know it's a breakthrough
And I don't have to live like this anymore


Well, we have finally reached the end of the review on the year, and just in time it seems.

0 comments :

Post a Comment