Monday 28 December 2009

~*~*~*~*~
FOR TODAY, Monday 28th December (happy 13th birthday Hannah)...

Outside my window... a bit dark and wet. We didn't get much snow the week running up to Christmas, even though other parts of the country were literally snowed in, with over a foot of the stuff. BUT the forecast is for more snow starting tomorrow, so who knows, this time we might get some.

I am thinking... about my "theme" for 2010 and what that will mean, how it will work out.

I am thankful for...
  • a wonderful church family
  • a fantastic husband who loves me very much
  • 2 teen sons who are growing into young men any parent would be proud of
  • thank yous for the hand made Christmas gifts I gave this year. It seems the scrapbook calendars went down really well.
  • Organising website and websites with online to do list programmes that allow me to access my list no matter where I am
From the learning rooms... It's Christmas, I'm not really learning a lot, other than the fact that I don't keep to a routine well with the whole family around. I get frustrated when they get in the way, and I can't seem to get comfortable in any kind of quiet alone time with me and God when they are around, sigh.

From the kitchen... Well, we had the full works roast turkey on Friday. Saturday was a mashed potato topped turkey pie (I made extra mash for Christmas day on purpose so there was one less job to do). And yesterday we had turkey curry. We also had one round of turkey sandwiches for lunch AND my youngest made delicious turkey samosas. NOW they want to eat the gingerbread house!

I am wearing... black velour trousers, a blue/green top, and trainers on my feet. I have to put my shoes on as soon as I am up because I have fallen arches and walking barefoot (which used to be my norm as much as possible) causes me problems.

I am creating... Well, I did finish the scrapbook calendars for gifts, but I am still participating in Shimelle's Journal Your Christmas project. This is my 4th year and the first time I have managed to be this consistent with it. I truly intend to finish it this year! It continues right up to 12th night.

I am going... to stay home today as it is a public holiday over here. We might head out for a walk at some point, but any shopping trips etc will wait until later in the week.

I am remembering.... the sketch a friend and I did for our church Christmas special. I was archangel Raphael, she was a minor angel. It made me laugh, but it also made me think. I think I often get more out of these sketches than the audience does.

I am reading... Guideposts for the Spirit, Christmas stories of faith.

I am hoping... that a friend from church goes into labour naturally today if she hasn't already. Tomorrow is the day the hospital "intervene" as she was due a few days before Christmas day.

I am praying....
  • for various members of our church who are not well at the moment
  • for friends who are snowed in at home and likely to start getting cabin fever soon
  • for friends dealing with desperate situations this week
  • for insight into what my "theme" for next year means, practically.

I am hearing... hubby pottering about in the other room, but both boys are still fast asleep.

Around the house... there is just a lot of picking up to do. No major CLEANING, just tidying. But it still needs to be done.

    One of my favourite things... this past week has been reading quietly in the living room with just the twinkling lights for company.

    A few plans for the rest of the week...
    • Sort out a laptop shelf for my treadmill
    • Get some pictures hung on the wall in the dining room
    • Stop and do some serious journaling abut the last year and how I feel about it
    • Maybe even blog some of that
    • PARTY at my dad's house on Saturday

    Here is picture thought I am sharing...



    SO, if you want to read more daybook entries or you would like to take part yourself. Click on the image at the top of this post and check it all out.

    0 comments :

    Post a Comment