Monday 28 December 2009

What was your biggest achievement of the year?
WALKING. As I began to lose weight I began to tackle walks I would never have thought of attempting before. The first big achievement one was to reach the top of the "mountain" over the road from the camp we use for church camp. I did that earlier in the day, the same day I scalded myself. The 2nd came about a week or so later when I finally climbed THE WREKIN! We have lived here in Telford for 16 years and this was the first time I had managed to climb that hill! Then life got busier and the weather began to get colder and wetter and I haven't walked much anywhere in the last 3 months. But I WILL BE BACK!


What was your biggest failure?
hmmmmmmm. . . . . . I don't like to think of this in terms of "failure", rather in terms of "areas in which I still need to grow". I still need to grow in being consistent, particularly around the house and in my spiritual life. Also in taking proper care of me.


Did you suffer illness or injury?
What, other than chucking a kettle full of hot water over myself (see the previous post if you missed all that)? I would not call this other situation an "illness" as such, but I do have Sleep Apnoea. I was finally diagnosed at the end of 2008 after many years of knowing that i had but not being able to get doctors to take me seriously. I picked up my CPAP machine in January and have to use that every night as I sleep. It was hard getting used to it, then things settled down into a really good routine. More recently I have struggled with it a bit again, but things are still SO MUCH BETTER than they were before I started.


What was the best thing you bought?
A PLANE TICKET! GRIN!


Where did most of your money go?
Well the biggest cost for a single item was indeed that plane ticket, and the vast majority of the money we have going on the usual bills, but I guess you want to know about things other than that huh? Well, I tried to curtail my spending on craft products towards the end of the year and even though I made 3 scrapbook calendars as Christmas gifts, I did that with NO NEW PAPERS! I had to buy the kits to decorate and needed extra adhesives to complete them, but I managed to complete all 36 pages without adding any extra paper to my stash.


What did you get really, really, really excited about?
errmmmm, let me see, errrmmmm, oh it might be...... you know,...... something that is happening next year.......... that I already bought tickets for.................
yes

I AM GOING TO AMERICA! ME! By myself, without my family to meet a load of crazy women who are very dear friends! Woooohooooooo!

0 comments :

Post a Comment