Tuesday 29 December 2009

What song will always remind you of 2009?
I don't think there is ONE song as such. There's nothing I can think of that really sums up this year, no one song that I have played over and over.


Compared to this time last year, are you:
a. happier or sadder?

Much happier! This time last year I was struggling with diagnosed but untreated sleep apnoea, as i was waiting to get my CPAP machine. I was having to take daily naps of 2, 3 even 4 hours and still not able to function normally. being THAT tired really does have an effect on your ability to find the joy even in the small things.
NOW, with CPAP, I rarely need daytime naps, and although I would still like more energy and to be able accomplish more, I have so much more than I did a year ago that I am over the moon.

b. thinner or fatter?

THINNER! Yeeeaaaaahhhhhh! Put a bit of it back on the last 2 and a half months, BUT still thinner than this time last year and raring to go getting back into the swing of things.

c. richer or poorer?

hmmmmmmm, hubby has done a lot of overtime and it has allowed us to get "caught up" so on the whole we wre better off than this time last year.


What do you wish you'd done more of?

hmmmmm. I wish I had walked MORE, I mean I wish I had not let the busyness of life and the colder and wetter weather keep me from my walks towards the end of the year. NEXT year, should not be quite as busy through those particular months, and hopefully with a focus on simplifying things, I should be able to keep on with the things that really matter.


What do you wish you'd done less of?

Wasting time and energy on worrying about things that I could do nothing to change, or even possibilities, things that hadn't even happened yet.


How did you spend Christmas?

Just the 4 of us. We had invited friends, but they couldn't come, so it was just me, hubby, and our two boys, aged 15 and 18. We went to church in the morning and had a generally lazy day. Spoke to family later on, which was nice.


What was your favourite TV program?
I have watched much less tv this year than ever before, spending (or possibly wasting) more time on the computer. There were a number of shows i enjoyed watching but nothing that I worried about if I missed an episode. I still enjoy Doctor Who, but on the whole my favourite shows tend to be the lifestyle stuff, food shows, home decor shows, that kind of thing.
I don't watch the reality tv stuff such as "I'm a Celebrity" or "Big Brother". I also steer clear of X factor and the similar dance shows, BUT do enjoy Strictly Come Dancing, the UK version of Dancing With The Stars.

0 comments :

Post a Comment