Monday 7 December 2009

~*~*~*~*~
FOR TODAY, Monday 7th December 2009...

Outside my window... There are no more leaves on the tree in my back garden and the rain is coming down steadily. But it is still a beautiful day.

I am thinking... about the teacher I had a quick chat with today after my assembly. She used to teach my boys way back when they were at that school and has had some serious health issues over the years, but is looking SO WELL this morning, better than I have seen her in a long time.

I am thankful for...

  • Shimelle's "Journal Your Christmas" project. Loving it this year.
  • 2 wonderful teen boys, 1 of whom has just done a couple of chores for me without too much complaining. Thank you Matthew!
  • Good reports from teachers of both boys. Matthew has some serious talent in the tech theatre department and Michael apparently should have taken Drama.
  • The rain, it washes and brings refreshing.
  • My car, it gets me to where I need to be. Hoping it makes it all the way to distant relatives on Sunday.
  • The fact that those distant relatives are not as far away as we had guessed. If the journey really is only 2 hours, as the route planner suggests, we should go see them more often.
  • Sunday's Cool rotas are done for another 3 months, woohooo!

From the learning rooms... I learnt how to make another design of crochet flowers this week and have been making them whenever I am sat in front of the TV. I also am learning how to make braids using a braiding disk.
The round ones are coming out OK, but the flat ones keep getting kinks in them!

From the kitchen... My menu plan is up on my Food and Fitness Blog.
And I do need to finish up my plans for Christmas meals!

I am wearing... Smart black trousers and an orange and dark brown jersey top. School Assembly outfit!

I am creating...
  • Crochet Flowers
  • Braids
  • A Daily scrapbooked Christmas Journal
  • 36 12*12 scrapbook pages to make 3 calendars for Christmas gifts!

I am going... to visit some relatives on Sunday. Really looking forward to it.

I am remembering.... To take time out, stop and breath amongst all the stress and chores of Christmas preparation. Choosing to make 61 scrapbook pages before Christmas may have been foolhardy but I am enjoying it so far.

I am reading... not a lot with all this scrapbooking going on. Instructions maybe, or web pages with scrapbook page sketches and layouts on them mainly.

I am hoping... that the one remaining extended family gift is easy to sort out and the my youngest son sorts out what he wants with the rest of his Christmas gift allowance soon!

I am praying.... For this to be the best Christmas ever!

I am hearing... the whir of the fan on the oven. Eldest son has just grilled (broiled) fish fingers and the fan kicks in to cool it down quicker.
Around the house... Plenty to do to prepare for Christmas, but in particular today:
  • finish kitchen
  • Tidy living room floor
  • Tidy living room corners
  • Tidy living room coffee table
  • Clean living room coffee table
  • Vacuum living room floor
  • Get hubby to straighten covers on living room sofas (he's better at it than I am)
    One of my favourite things... at the moment is peace and quiet, and stillness, but I seem to struggle to take advantage of it even when it presents itself to me.

    A few plans for the rest of the week...

    • Finish at least one scrapbook calendar
    • Keep on top of kitchen cleaning
    • Sort out living room
    • Sort out main food storage cupboard in the kitchen, I have no idea what is in there and what isn't!
    • Go to School Christmas Concert tomorrow late afternoon/early evening.
    • Maybe rush off to church small group after that.
    • Outdoor carols at local centre Wednesday afternoon
    • Christmas cards written
    • One load of gifts wrapped up!

    Here is picture thought I am sharing...


    SO, if you want to read more daybook entries or you would like to take part yourself. Click on the image at the top of this post and check it all out.

    0 comments :

    Post a Comment