Friday 1 October 2010

While I was away in Wales I did manage to do a little bit of art journaling on the go although mainly I stayed in my written journal.  For me, I don't think it will ever be either or, it will most probably be a bit of both with something I do in the one, sparking an idea for something I need to do in the other and vice versa.


I had prepped the background for this before I went and the two stencilled ladies.  I knew the main phrase that I wanted to use for this, but the bible verse on the left, the bird, and all the stamping etc was decided on and done while away.  The only thing I would change about this page is the crayon (gold silver and bronze) lines on the right hand page, they didn't come out quite how I was hoping.


The only part of this page that was prepped before I went was the background, the rest was done on the go, with one little bit being finished off after I returned home.  The only phrase I had when starting this page was the Singing in the Night, the rest of it came as I worked the page.  I love the cosmic shimmer (a UK version of glimmer mist)  over the image of the woman.
Singing in the night,
Dancing in the Dark
Sunbathing in the Rain

It's about turning your face towards heaven and believing that the drops that fall on it are heaven's rain.
It's about standing in the face of circumstances that say otherwise and choosing to believe God's best.

You turned my mourning into dancing.

Stay tuned for more pages!

Linking up to:
Photobucket

Photobucket

0 comments :

Post a Comment